busy as a bee

May 22, 2012

Post image for busy as a bee

It’s been busy around here. Homeschool camping trips, birthdays, and the usual “end-of-the-school-year” culminating activities, which ironically manage to creep into the lives of homeschoolers.

I haven’t found time to write here. But luckily for me, Annie of Bird and Little Bird visited a few weeks back, along with Molly of A Foothill Home Companion. And not only was it lovely to spend an actual afternoon with blogging friends (with an actual baby, even!), but on her way out, Annie noticed the beehives in our front yard. She also kept bees for a time, and was interested in the fact that ours are in plain view in our front yard. So she interviewed me about it in her new role writing for the Rhythm of the Home blog.

Which means that you can visit me there, see some photos and hear why I was crazy enough to put beehives in my front yard. Meanwhile, I’ll try to stop being busy as those bees, so I can get back to my post here at the wonder farm.

Heather May 22, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I was so pleased when I read her post. Love that you have them in the front. My son spotted hives near the White House garden, which pleased me to no ends.

patricia May 23, 2012 at 8:58 am

Yay for bees at the White House!

Kristin May 23, 2012 at 9:14 am

It’s nice to see Mr. T assisting you. What does he think about it all?

patricia May 23, 2012 at 9:20 am

He is so interested! I’m thrilled to finally have a kid who wants to be out there with me. He’s still a little fearless when it comes to the bees–I hope he doesn’t get his comeuppance from them! I need to buy a proper kids’ bee suit for him. Hey, you don’t have an extra one that you want to sell, do you?

amy May 24, 2012 at 4:39 am

oh, i just took an all day bee class with my 2 older kids. we are so ready to do this. thanks for sharing.

patricia May 24, 2012 at 6:47 am

Neat that you took the class with your kids! You should do it! If you want to chat about it, let me know, though I still think of myself as a newbie. (Resisting urge to make that last word into a silly bee reference.)